I’m totally not crying over my pies coming out the wrong way- Not at all. And, it’s not like their are at all important (cough, Cough)Birthday Pies (cough). Just Saying.
Not a tear.
Today was an emotionally frustrating day, leaving off with my brain not wanting to work with me at ALL. Shi-…Cherry Filling just hit the fan when I asked my brain to participate and well, Cherry Filling still ain’t going well. And I think the best action is to Band Aid this Bastard of a day with heavy dose of Battle Star Galactica. Space heals everything.
everything…. O o O
I FOUND MY BOOK!
It was in my pantry.
Why? I don’t even know.
** CAUTION **
Please tell every dog or cat owner you know. Even if you don’t have a pet, please pass this to those who do.
Over the weekend, the doting owner of two young lab mixes purchased Cocoa Mulch from Target to use in their garden. The dogs loved the way it smelled and it was advertised to keep cats away from their garden. Their dog (Calypso) decided the mulch smelled good enough to eat and devoured a large helping. She vomited a few times which was typical when she eats something new but wasn’t acting lethargic in any way. The next day, Mom woke up and took Calypso out for her morning walk. Halfway through the walk, she had a seizure and died instantly.
Although the mulch had NO warnings printed on the label, upon further investigation on the company’s web site,
This product is HIGHLY toxic to dogs and cats.
Cocoa Mulch is manufactured by Hershey’s, and they claim that “It is true that studies have shown that 50% of the dogs that eat Cocoa Mulch can suffer physical harm to a variety of degrees (depending on each individual dog). However, 98% of all dogs won’t eat it.”
*Snopes site gives the following information:http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cocoamulch.asp
Cocoa Mulch, which is sold by Home Depot, Foreman’s Garden Supply and other garden supply stores contains a lethal ingredient called ‘Theobromine’. It is lethal to dogs and cats. It smells like chocolate and it really attracts dogs. They will ingest this stuff and die. Several deaths already occurred in the last 2-3 weeks.
Theobromine is in all chocolate, especially dark or baker’s chocolate which is toxic to dogs. Cocoa bean shells contain potentially toxic quantities of theobromine, a xanthine compound similar in effects to caffeine and theophylline. A dog that ingested a lethal quantity of garden mulch made from cacao bean shells developed severe convulsions and died 17 hours later. Analysis of the stomach contents and the ingested cacao bean shells revealed the presence of lethal amounts of theobromine.
**PLEASE PASS THIS ON**
Please spread this news to protect all our pets!!
If I see anyone buying this at my store I will be sure to let them know to be careful if they have pets.
I went a tiny bit nuts with this commission and decided to go all 19th-century-woodcut. I love doing stuff like this. It brings warmth to my cold, dead heart. Look at how pretty it isssss
Also keep your eyes peeled because I’m opening for commissions again soon and you can get one of these of your very own!
I think it’s time to stop.
Yeah! It’s called ‘The Magical Macadamia Nut Diet!’
- GIVEAWAY -
I’m giving away Moleskine Watercolor Large (5.3 x 0.6 x 8.4 inches), Faber-Castell: 6 PITT set in black (XS=0.1mm, S=0.3mm, F=0.5mm, M=0.7mm, C=2.5mm, B=1-5mm) and a small pocket sized notebooks (with a blank pages with nice paper quality).
- THE RULES -
- You may like once and reblog up to five times.
- Your askbox must be open.
- Reblog this on your main or any other blog; not giveaway blog.
- You don’t need to follow me, but if you want to, go ahead!
- The giveaway ends on 25/05/13 and the winner will be chosen via random number generator. GOOD LUCK!